- Areas of expertise
- composite materials engineering, material mechanics
- Academic background
- Graduate school of engineering, Kyoto University, Doctor of Engineering
- Operable machines
- Hot press, ultrasonic inspection system, universal testing machine, strain measurement system, digital microscope, X-ray microscopy, field emission scanning electron microscopy
Joint and repair of composite materials
Since ICC develops and investigates the structure and manufacturing process of carbon fiber reinforced plastics (especially CFRTP), improving the strength of joints and their durability is one of the most important research issues.
I am trying to find the relationship between the mechanism of thermal fusion bonding (TFB) and its effect on mechanical properties in CFRTP. I also work on repairs using TFB in CFRTP laminates.
In order to make CFRP more useful and convenient material. I will try to develop and improve the material joining technologies, such as CFRP/CFRP, CFRP/Metal, and CFRP/Ceramics.
- 2009-2011: Master's degree program at Kanazawa Institute of Technology
“Damage Tolerance and Impact Failure Mechanism of Thin-ply CF/PA6 Laminates”
- 2011-2014: Doctoral degree program at Kyoto University
“Relationship between Repair of Impact Damage Using Thermal Plasticity and Compressive Strength on Thin-ply CFRTP Laminates”
- M. Kanesaki, H. Saito, M. Tanaka, H. Hojo, I. Kimpara, “Improvement of CAI Strength and Its Mechanisms on CFRTP Laminate with Thinning in Ply-thickness”, Journal of the Japan Society for Composite Materials, 39(3), pp. 89-98, 2013.
- M. Kanesaki, C. Uchijo, M. Tanaka, H. Saito, M. Nishikawa, H. Hojo, I. Kimpara, “Repair of Impact Damage by Thermoplasticity and Experimental Evaluation of residual Compressive Strength on CF/PA6 Laminates”, Journal of the Japan Society for Composite Materials, 40(3), pp. 106-117, 2014.
- M. Kanesaki, C. Uchijo, M. Tanaka, H. Saito, M. Nishikawa, H. Hojo, I. Kimpara, “Repair of Impact Damage by Thermal Fusion Bonding and Recovery of Residual Compressive Strength on CF/PA6 Laminates”, Journal of the Japan Society for Composite Materials, 41(1), pp.33-44, 2015.
- Toshihide Sekido, Professor/Senior advisory engineer
- Hirofumi Nishida, Researcher
- Katsuhiko Nunotani, Researcher
- Kimihiko Uemura, Researcher
- Ousuke Ishida, Researcher
- Takehiro Shirai, Researcher
- Takayuki Tsukegi, Researcher
- Manato Kanesaki, Researcher
- Hisai Ueda, Researcher
- Masaki Inagaki, Researcher
- Atsushi Hokura, Researcher
- Akinori Sakamoto, Researcher
- Keisuke Kyomoto, Researcher
- Nobuaki Inui, Engineer
- Tadashi Sakuma, Engineer
- Yuichi Kondou, Engineer