- Areas of expertise
- Autoclave and Out-of-Autoclave (OOA) molding technology
- Academic background
- Graduate school of Engineering, Kanazawa Institute of Technology
- Previous background/experience
- Honeywell Japan Inc., GH Craft Ltd.
- Operable machines
- Autoclave, ultrasonic welder, electromagnetic induction welder, universal testing machine, draft chamber
CFRTP joint technology
Carbon fiber composite has been commonly applied to not only aircraft but mass production vehicle in recent years. Rather than using carbon composite in all places, the idea of “right material in the right place” so called multi-material design is getting popular. To achieve this, joining dissimilar materials is the key element. In this study, I will establish the fusion bonding technology of thermoplastic composites to dissimilar materials.
We aim to develop a technology that enables continuous joining applicable to actual mass production.
Five years of experience in the designing section (lamination design, analysis, etc. of Japanese team’s yacht for America’s cup), four years in molding (bus for Nagoya Expo, experimental spaceplane, etc.) and five years in quality assurance department, I engaged in thermoset CFRP production with my previous boss, Professor Uzawa.
- Toshihide Sekido, Professor/Senior advisory engineer
- Hirofumi Nishida, Researcher
- Katsuhiko Nunotani, Researcher
- Kimihiko Uemura, Researcher
- Ousuke Ishida, Researcher
- Takehiro Shirai, Researcher
- Takayuki Tsukegi, Researcher
- Manato Kanesaki, Researcher
- Hisai Ueda, Researcher
- Masaki Inagaki, Researcher
- Atsushi Hokura, Researcher
- Akinori Sakamoto, Researcher
- Keisuke Kyomoto, Researcher
- Nobuaki Inui, Engineer
- Tadashi Sakuma, Engineer